Aug 9, 2012

Generating Novel Ideas

I have exactly 2 weeks to come up with a new idea for a book. I know I know ... I totally JUST finished the first draft of Stumble and Fall, but I joined a writers group and this is my first assignment.

In the past year or so I've had some great ideas while sleeping that I wrote done and then reread only to fine ... yeah, not so great.

The two I recall the best are about fire and water. One where the world has been flooded and life after the flood. The other where the sun is burning the world and life trying to survive and keep what they've rebuilt from burning again.

Super cool dreams.

Pretty lame when it comes to book plots.

So I'm trying not to rely on my dreams since I'm obviously NOT Stephani  Meyer and I don't have visions of Sparkly vampires while I slumber. (Which in all reality, this does not bother me a bit!)

But where do I procure these ideas from? Seems like right now I'm going to have to just pull them out of my arse at the last minute. But what fun would that be!

Where do YOU procure your novel plot ideas? Please share your secrets!!!

PLEASE!?!?!

No comments: