Jul 12, 2011

The Self Publishing Project Month Two (HOLY $@#*!!!)

So the first month was pretty pitiful. I sold about  20 copies and gave away probably another 15. All in all a big fat thumbs down.

So, obviously feeling a bit defeated, I decided to put my book on a one month promotion for FREE. Yep, FREE. Then this past weekend I went to Chicago for the NAMI National Convention. (Amazing!) and didn't really have time to look into any of the sales numbers or anythings. Didn't really expect much anyways.

The weekend finally over, my brain slowly coming back, I sat down to my computer yesterday morning and was blindsided. And I mean BLINDSIDED. Apparently people like my book when it's FREE. Like REALLY like it. So much in fact, that today is day two of my book being ...


Let me break that down for you in case you are in as much disbelief as I am ...

First word

Ok ... Bestsellers ... that's cool, but that could be out of anything. Oh no ... it's not anything! It's the ....





Yep THE ENTIRE stock of Children's eBooks in the KINDLE STORE! And out of the top 100 books that have been listed for free ...



That's my frocking book! MINE! And it's only been FREE since Friday.

So needless to say, I'm kinda in shock. I mean I know that it's just a FREE book, but still. How many FREE books exactly are there on Amazon? (Cuz out of those I'm #32! Just saying ... )

The moral of today's story kids is, my Self Publishing project is going a bit better than I had anticipated. I may have not made much money yet, but I'm okay with that. Because the sheer number of people who have downloaded and read my novel far outweighs what I ever anticipated, Free or not!

Stay tuned ... I have no idea what's going to happen after it goes back up to $2.99!!!

1 comment:

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Wow! Congrats!
Please keep us updated.

Kathi