Aug 3, 2011

Self Publishing Project ... The Accidental Best Seller ...

As you saw previously, my book hit #3 on the Kindle Children's free eBook list. *Tosses Confetti*  The fun part is, it stayed there ... in the top 5 for 4 weeks until the month long promotion was up and Fall Girl was no longer free. I still have NO CLUE how it made it up there, but I'm glad it did.

I also somehow made it to #2500 in the Barnes and Noble Nook Store. I have NO CLUE how many books I sold (Not my favorite part about Smashwords ... still waiting for those updates), but #2500 out of ALL Nook Books? How the heck did that happen?

So after giving away a large (and I mean more than I ever thought would get out there) amount of eCopies, I began to get nervous. What would happen now that it's no longer free? I mean it's got good reviews, but if it's not on a best seller list, who's going to find it?

Answer ... a LOT of people. I'm not saying I'm making gobs of money ... I may be able to buy groceries with my own income next month though ... but I am saying it is actually still selling. It's down to $0.99 and the numbers keep climbing. I may be easily pleased, but I'm thrilled to know Fall girl is just over #1600 in the Kindle Paid eBook store. I mean there are hundreds of thousands of eBooks out there, I think being in the top 2000 is pretty darn good for a self pubbed writer!

So I'm only 2 days into this non Free business, so I'm not going to go getting my hopes up or anything. But overall, I'm thoroughly pleased. Sure I made a TON of mistakes along the way ... had some editing/proof reading issues ... which have been taken care of! But overall, I'm kinda proud of my work.

Stay tuned for my next post where I battle it out with myself ... do I self pub the sequel? or do I start the query game again? Oh the angst!

1 comment:

Glynis Peters said...

Great achievement, well done! Those groceries will taste so much better! :)


Glynis Smy (writer)