May 4, 2010

One of my Favorite Scenes

I'm editing ... again ... and I decided I wanted to share one of my favorite scenes. It's a pretty quick scene, but I still love it.

So I hope you enjoy!

“See now,” Harris began. “Had you left this guy behind, I might have let you hang out with me, but as it turns out I don’t hang out with jerks.”

“Kind of difficult considering you are one,” Jeremy argued.

Alexis yelled. “Will you both just shut up?”

Harris bowed. “Anything for you Alexis.”

“Oh cut the crap,” Alexis said back.

“Fine, then tell me what you want.”

“I just wanted to talk,” Alexis lied.

“Oh yeah?” He laughed. “And did you know I recently invented a way to freeze over hell?”

“Really,” Alexis played along. “I’ve always thought just a few ice cubes would do the trick, but I suppose they’d melt too fast. So where are you going?”

“To the park to frolic in the wild flowers,” he answered. “Would you like to join me?”

“I would, but I’m allergic to pollen.”

“Well I guess this ends our little talk then doesn’t it?” Harris smiled.

7 comments:

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

goodness Marybeth - you have sarcasm down pat! lol love this!

Such a fun snippet! Makes me crave more - I want to know the relationship of the three...

Visit My Kingdom Anytime

Unknown said...

Thanks! And it's definitely a complicated relationship!

Jaime Wright said...

witty banter, I'd say :)

Mindy said...

i love it...must read more!!!

Glynis Peters said...

I love how they banter backwards and forewards. I could see a group lounging around a kitchen, sitting on unit tops, etc. All venting off sarcastic remarks. Great read.

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

What fun! I'm so glad I found your blog.

Empi said...

Interesting dialogue. I particularly liked: And did you know I recently invented a way to freeze over hell

I agree with Courtney. This makes me curious about the relationships between your characters.

PS. Thanks for the post. I think I'll do the same for the next post on my blog :-)

Empi