May 5, 2010

Poppins hides in the corner wearing the Cone of Shame!

So I get this is the email I get from my son's resource teacher...

FYI your son and I are having a discussion about beer kegs this morning… he can’t believe I’ve never heard of them

Um yeah....the kid has never seen a beer keg!!!

I can only imagine what this woman thinks of my parenting skills at this moment and time.

So I email her back telling her how embarrassed I am (and asking her, "Um seriously, you don't know what a keg is....)

So she laughs at me and says yeah...

He said you know one of those big things that holds beer and you push a little tap thingy and the good beer comes out my dad gets them at the ghetto meijers

And sadly...I am so guilty of teaching him the words, "Ghetto Meijers". But I'm not sure how he knows what GOOD beer is. (Memo to me....tell son there is no such thing as good beer!)

So um, who's sending me the Mother of the Year award? I'll email you my address!


11 comments:

Mindy said...

haha that's hilarious... at least he's only talking about beer. It could be ten times worse.

good beer...you should try Molson..mmm mmm good and i typically can't stand beer lol

Rebecca said...

ROTFLMAO....Ghetto Meijers! That's awesomesauce at it's best!

Moll said...

Ha. Don't sweat it. I have a picture of my cousin giving his four-month old baby her first sip of beer.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm amused, good lady.

But here's the deal: if my son can't tell his Kindergarten teacher the difference between a Stoli martini and a Grey Goose martini, I'll feel I've failed as a parent. Some things just shouldn't be left out of a boy's education. Like beer kegs.

:)

Tree said...

Oh wow! lmao Kids will tell ALL your business for sure. LOL

Glynis Peters said...

LOL that made my day. I love how your son educated his teacher.

Jonathon Arntson said...

Aren't the ghetto Meijers the best?! They are remodeling our ghettoiest Meijer, so all the other dilapidated ones around town are getting their carts in a twist and vying to be Grand Rapid's ghettoist Meijer.

Tana said...

TOO FUNNY! And yes please tell him there really isn't any good beer. Men drink anything.

BTW, Thanx for all the work you did on my projects! You ROCK!

Unknown said...

That is awesome...

I think you still make the shortlist for mohter of the year!

Gadgerson said...

My kids have said way worse!! My 5 year old was looking at a people magazine in a hospital waiting room a few weeks ago and was saying "douche bag, yep, he's a douche bag, oh she's definitely a douche bag" as she flipped through the pages. I have never been prouder or more horrified. So no worries ;)

CMOM Productions said...

Next time pretend that your child heard it from someone else's child at school! LOL