May 25, 2010

Adrenaline

Adrenaline -[uh-dren-ul-in] A highly intoxicating substance released in the body when one is doing something totally bad-ass.

  • Also known as the rush you get when you're writing that scene where your MC is about to kiss the Hero and you get all tingly just thinking about it.
  • Also known as the feeling you get on that last quarter stretch of the mile you're running.
  • Also known as the substance that keeps your body functioning when you are insanely over extended but still seem to get it all done.
  • Also known as the wooziness you get after sending off a shit ton of query emails, then just to make things more stressful, you send off one more.
I have been running on pure Adrenaline lately. Today I'm pretty sure I hit an adrenaline malfunction. It was like all the adrenaline disappeared and my mind just came to a stop, but my actions didn't.

So what was I running on?

Fumes....

Yet I still managed to get 2 Hours of a project done AND 4 hours of Editing. I'm just oozing out the heavy fumes yo!

Ever been here? Did the ice cream and chocolate chips work as well on you as they did on me?

8 comments:

Stina said...

LOL Yeah, I've been there. I find brownies helpful, except for the insulin crash and burn that follows it.

Kelly Lyman said...

Oh, I've been there...wait, I am there!

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

Yep been there - set up camp there and roasted a few marshmallows!!!

;o)

Visit My Kingdom Anytime

Anonymous said...

Marybeth...you. are. awesome.

Because you totally just gave me a new title for one of my books.

*plys Marybeth with cookies and cupcakes and all sorts of sugary goodies with a glass of caffeine to top it off*

Natalie said...

Querying stressed me out too! It was hard to sleep for days after I sent a bunch out. I think the best thing for me was doing something fun and completely unrelated to writing. Then I could focus on something besides the worries that everyone would hate my story!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

LOL! I love it! I haven't been there in a while, but I love it when I am. :-)

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Boy do I hear you! Some days the only thing left is fumes. Glad to see I'm not the only one that turns to chocolate chips for solace. ;)

Jessica M. said...

ECLIPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!