Jun 2, 2011

The Self Publishing Experiment

I was hounded ... I was bullied ... I was confused ... I was frustrated

So what did I do?

I just stashed all my fears and put it out there. I published my book as an e book. I am now a self-made author. I thought I'd feel more ashamed of myself, but I don't really. I'm actually kind of excited.

NOT as excited about the marketing portion of it.

So far, today, I've sold ONE copy ... to my sister ... I <3 You Miss Charlotte!

But soon it will be on a million different distribution lists (slight exaggeration is possible) and I will be out there. Stark naked. Ready to be discovered. (and when I say I, I mean my book of course ... I'm totally not willing to get discovered naked myself!)

So my goal is to keep you guys posted. Let you know how sales go. Kinda keep you in the loop of the self pubbing world. Let you know if I become and author outcast.

So, in case you are interested ... and you should be, cuz I'm serious ... this book is AWESOME ... here is how YOU can purchase ... which you should ... cuz you love me and you want to prove that self publishing is the death of authors ... and why yes, that was quite the shameless self promotion.

OOH OOH Anyone want to do a book review?  I'll love you forever and always!

Ok, without further humiliation explanation ... here it is!



(you should buy it!)
Ebook Price: $9.99 USD 


4 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

I really like your cover art, Marybeth. The marketing part of self-publishing is a real time buster. I wish you all kinds of luck.

Katie Ganshert said...

I agree - cover art is beautiful. Good luck Marybeth! What a fun new adventure!

Kelly Lyman said...

Love the cover as well! I can't wait to hear all the updates!

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Good for you! It does take a lot of courage to give your baby to the world. Much luck!