Feb 17, 2010

Experiencing Withdrawal! Day One of Lent


I decided to give up Facebook and Twitter for Lent. Somebody smack me upside the head. I can already feel the symptoms of withdrawal coming on.

My fingers are all itchy wanting to click on jewels.

I can't stop shaking and rocking back and forth as I think about all the tweets about #windinmyhaaaaiiirrrr and #querypityparty that I am missing.

My palms are sweaty.

I NEED to click on something! I NEED to send a tweet!
As you can see I am giving up Twitter and Facebook for a good reason.

If Jesus can go 40 days and 40 nights without food to keep him alive, surely I can go 40 days and 40 nights without seeing my dad say, "I like wine." and "I like chocolate.". Surely I can spend that time not stalking agent tweets to see if they liked my query. Surely I can survive without discussing whether or not I am Team Peeta or Team Gale...

right? Right? RIGHT?!?!?!.

So ummmmm, who's gonna tweet and post my blog link for me??? AHHHHHHHHHH

*heads for a jar of cookies*

12 comments:

Jessica M. said...

Hrm.... I guess I'll see you in 40 days then :( I never get to talk to you cept on those! booooooo! Besides, I'm sure you'll find something else to occupy your time and get obsessed with LOL Anyway... Have fun!! See you in 40 days.

PS: I am giving up nothing. I think I've given up enough this year to make up for it. :)

Scott said...

Personally, I think you should have giving up watching Castle, because I know you love Castle more than Facebook and Twitter. I'm just saying . . .

Foursons said...

I thought about giving up blogging and then realized that I would have to start today and I did not mentally prepare myself. So then I thought about giving up cookies and proceeded to bake a batch. So...I'm still here blogging and eating cookies.

Unknown said...

Jessica you can email me!!! I like email :)

LOL Scott...are you trying to say you are going to miss me?

Foursons...you should totally give up the cookies right now and send them to me!

kah said...

I think it's time we enrolled you in a 12 step program. :) But eat some cookies first to help with the withdraws.

Krista Phillips said...

See... you should have just given up one or the other!

Geez, I'm such a bad influence.

Jonathon Arntson said...

Why on earth did you give up Facebook? When I was Cath it was always soda (today's my one month off of soda!), candy, kissing, not social networking...good luck!

Jessica Nelson said...

You're catholic? Guess I forgot. LOL
YOu'll be fine. Deep breaths MaryBeth. Deep, deep breaths. :-)

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

Okay - took care of that Tweet for you ;o)

@SouthrnPrincess This is for @_MarybethSmith_ check out her blog entry: http://mbsmith090801.blogspot.com/2010/02/experiencing-withdrawal.html

Even though you are giving up the tweets yourself, we definitely should share the blog entry love..I mean this is day one..imagine day 3...yeah..these are going to be some awesome entries! Don't worry - email any time!

Visit My Kingdom Anytime

Unknown said...

Karen this is technically my 12 step program...right?!?!

Where are those cookies again?

Krista you pose a good point, but alas I already made the decision. Remind me to consult you first next year :D

I am Catholic Jessica :) I'm not sure I've said it before. Maybe?

Southern Princess I blove you!!!!

Jayne Martin said...

Oh my dear... life is too short to give up anything that gives you pleasure. As a recovering Catholic (the sight of a nun can still create an ugly body rash), I've learned that going without really does not earn us extra points in the afterlife. Tweet, my friend. Tweet!

Laurel Garver said...

Remember that Sundays are feast days. You can indulge then. Does that help?

I think the other key is to pick a different habit to replace the one you gave up. One that reminds you God's in charge and taking care of you, and that you can trust him to put into motion the good things he wants for you once you stop trying to control the outcome.