Aug 10, 2009

Brotherly Love

Every summer each of my children get to spend a week at Grama and Papa's all on their own. A little one on one time with the grandparents for them. A little taste of what it's like to only have two kids for me. My oldest two have already had their weeks and this week it's my baby's turn. (And when I say baby, I mean my four year old who is going on twenty!)

In our kitchen we have a bar-like area as part of our counter top. The kids love it! They each have their own special seat they sit in every time they are up there. After I finished making dinner last night my husband sat down in my oldest son's spot and told him to go sit in my youngest sons since he wasn't there. He pouted but obeyed his daddy and moved to the other end.

After dinner he says to me, "I want my brother to come back home."

I thought, How sweet, he misses his baby brother. His grandparents had said they seemed pretty attached this weekend.

I said, "Oh do you miss him?"

He looks at me like I'm crazy and says, "No, but if he comes home he'll have to sit in his seat. Then I can have mine back."

17 comments:

Ann said...

Now that's brotherly love! ha!

Elana Johnson said...

LOL! Kids. Gotta love 'em. And husbands more. :)

CKHB said...

My daughter is also a creature of habit... mess with her routine at your own peril!

CMOM Productions said...

I love how their minds work! It's priceless!

Jody Hedlund said...

Awww! They are such selfish little buggers, aren't they? My kids all have their "spots" at the table. And they get upset if anyone even plays/colors in their spot!

Jill Kemerer said...

Kids just crack me up! Thanks for sharing!

Tana said...

I love my boys there like baby bear cubs.

Ann said...

psst...hop over to my blog, there's an award waiting for ya!

Foursons said...

I came over here from Ann's blog 'cause I love your title. And now that I know Patrick Dempsey follows you I'm gonna have to start too. 'Cause then maybe he'll discover me and I can dump my husband and become rich. Wait, did I say that or think that?

Unknown said...

Children can be quite entertaining can't they!

And OMG Foursons! Can I just say that I so love the way your mind works :) I'm glad Patrick was able to convince you of my awesomeness ;)

Krista Phillips said...

How hilarious!!!! Kids are SO one-track minded!!

Katie Ganshert said...

That's adorable. I can't wait until Brogan starts talking. The things that come out of their mouths...

Heart2Heart said...

Love that priceless comment. So honest and so so sweet. Gotta love that kids speak straight from the heart!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

lol...funny! Your boys are adorable, btw!!!

Caffeinated Bliss said...

I love kids and their brutal honesty! :D

Tabitha Bird said...

Too cute. I have two little boys as well and they say the sweetest things...when they are not trying to remove each other's heads :)

Jessica Nelson said...

Hahaa! No sentimentality. LOL