So on my road to recovery after such an epic snog fest I read in my comments that Simon over at Constant Revision thought he would be funny/cool/irritating and tag me in this little Tag Game going around. I'm not sure who started it, but it's probably better that way. So without further adieu...
1) What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?The last thing I wrote was the current MS I am working on right now. It is all sorts of awesome wonderful and we are in love and it woos me every day. It's a dystopian sci fi -ish YA novel. (As in it involves time travel) It makes me want to be 13 again so I can fall in love with one of my characters!
The first thing I wrote...hard to say. I really have been writing every since I could read Hop on Pop. I THINK the first book I wrote was a book about monsters. Nice monsters. In my closet. (Monster's Inc. totally ripped my idea off!) Now I feel the need to go looking for it.
2) Write poetry?
Not since I was forced to in grade school. I wasn't really that bad at it, but I didn't really enjoy it either.
3) Angsty poetry?
Isn't MOST poetry Angsty? Well at least half of mine was.
4) Favorite genre of writing?
I adore YA. (I hope that doesn't make me creepy) I just like reliving the fun life on not having any responsibilities even though it felt like you were holding the weight of the world on your shoulders! Plus young love is so adorable and pure. I do prefer it to be fantasy or sci fi-ish as well. Paranormal is fun too!
5) Most annoying character you've ever created?
I'd have to say one of the characters in my first MS, Rachel. I loved her and hated her all at the same time. I couldn't stand the things she did but I felt bad and totally understood why she was doing them. She was a blast to create!
6) Best plot you've ever created.
The one to my newest MS. It is so intricate and complicated in such a lovely perfect way with all these twists and turns and ... did I mention we are in love?
7) Coolest plot twist you've ever created?
The one at the end of this book. BUT like I'm going to tell you about it. What fun would that be. Let's just say it left people saying they were still thinking about it the next day (OMG seriously...isn't that like the best compliment ever! Or ... maybe the worst ... I'm shooting for best!)
8) How often do you get writer's block?
I spent the entire summer with writer's block. It was awful. So I read over 20 books and didn't stop reading until my mind got going again. Now I'm in idea overload. I can't keep up with any of them.
9) Write fan fiction?
Never. Not a big fan. People have tried to get me to read some too and I just can't bring myself to do it. Why ruin an already great story?
10) Do you type or write by hand?
Both. Sometimes I'll write a chapter short hand then elaborate as I type it out. All small ideas get written by hand. Each book I write has an entire notebook dedicated to it.
11) Do you save everything you write?
Yes and it drives my husband CRAZY now that I have 30 million copies of everything clogging up our hard drive!
12) Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?
My newest MS. I had the prologue written for months and all my ideas down in the notebook but I just couldn't figure out how to get it moving. So I picked it back up for NaNo and forced the words and once I started I couldn't stop! It was WONDERFUL!
13) What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
Something I haven't really started writing much of. It's kinda a memoir, but with totally different names and I intend on deviating from what really happened quite a bit. But I've written three chapters almost exactly as it happened and I love them! They are hilarious and oh the angst I went through was totally worth it to get it all down in writing!
14) What's everyone else's favorite story you've written?
Most people have only read the two manuscripts. And of both they tend to like the newest one better. But my sister has read the memiorish MS that I started and assures me I'm going to hit it big with that one. Gotta love sisters! Best confidence builders EVER!
15) Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?I suppose my MS is somewhat angsty romance. But that is really just on the side, and not too angsty. But definitely teen!
16) What's your favorite setting for your characters?
The future that I've created in my newest MS. LOVE IT!
17) How many writing projects are you working on right now?
I am solely devoted to one right now. But I have a few that are waiting for me to give them attention again.
18) Have you ever won an award for your writing?
Well as Simon pointed out...do all those blogger awards on the side count? ----->
No, but to be perfectly honest up until recently I've never entered any of my writing into a contest. I did enter my latest MS into the First 200 words YA contest. But I won't know anything until February. So we'll just have to wait and see.
19) What are your five favorite words?
Angst, Snarkasm, Actually, Phantasmagoric and Totally (Good thing I write YA eh!)
20) What character have you created that is most like yourself?Every one of my characters has something of me in them. I can't say that any certain one is more like me than any of the others. And if there was one that is, I probably wouldn't point it out because they have more of my bad qualities than good ;)
21) Where do you get your ideas for your characters?
I'm not sure really. I kinda just make them up as I go along. I know that's pretty lame, but it's how I do it!
22) Do you ever write based on your dreams?
My latest story came from a dream. I had this scene in my head and decided I needed to elaborate and figure out why they were doing and saying what they did. That scene never made it into my book....
23) Do you favor happy endings?
Not a big fan of happy endings. They are not realistic. I do like happy elements in my endings, just not tooooo happy. (What does that say about me??? Glass half empty anyone?)
24) Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
I can't help it. I hate to see little red or green lines under my words. But besides that, if MS word doesn't pick it up, I can' usually move past them.
25) Does music help you write?OMG NO!!! How can you guys do that?!?! I can not listen to anything except the sound of my fan as I write or I get so distracted.
26) Quote something you've written. Whatever pops in your head.Paper back writer (paperback writer)
Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my book?
It took me years to write, will you take a look?
It's based on a novel by a man named Lear
And I need a job, so I want to be a paperback writer,
It's the dirty story of a dirty man
And his clinging wife doesn't understand.
His son is working for the Daily Mail,
It's a steady job but he wants to be a paperback writer,
Paperback writer (paperback writer)
It's a thousand pages, give or take a few,
I'll be writing more in a week or two.
I can make it longer if you like the style,
I can change it round and I want to be a paperback writer,
If you really like it you can have the rights,
It could make a million for you overnight.
If you must return it, you can send it here
But I need a break and I want to be a paperback writer,
Paperback writer (paperback writer)
* * * * *
Sweet...now that THAT is done...I shall get back to editing. But not before I tag a few people. The problem is, almost everyone has been tagged. Hmmmm..... I tag Mindy and Hilary. Sorry Ladies! I Hope you enjoy.