It's not a compensation thing...I promise!
I am super jealous of everyone going to RWA this week. And insanely envious of those going to Blogher 09 the week after that. And although I don't really write Christian Fiction, I still really want to go to ACFW in September. I'm usually not one to break out the Big Green Monster BUT I am totally wanting to go to a conference of some sort even if it is just the AAH (ok so I probably wouldn't get much out of an Art History conference...but STILL!) . There are a few reasons behind this recent urge.
1. I want to learn! I want to soak in all the knowledge to become a better writer and blogger
2. I want to meet more people in the industry(s) I love networking with others who get what I do. It's relieving to know I'm not the only one lacking sanity who loves to write!
3. I want to get away from my children. I am in need of a small break and would like to get out and see more of the world.
4. I love hotels and conferences and anything that has to do with big social events where I can get to know new people and socialize.
5. I want to get in front of the Important People! I want to be able to send a query and say "We spoke at so and so conference."
6. Did I mention that I want to get away from my children learn more about writing and craft?
7. OMG they have Karaoke at Blogher 09!!! (Sorry...that is just a large selling point for this former Karaoke DJ!)
8. Seriously! I really DO want to learn more!
9. Chicago, New York, Washington DC!!! Seriously!
10. And I really want to learn more about writing and blogging of course...
So to all of you going to conferences this year, You suck! Istick out my tongue to you!
Next year....next year friends!