Nov 11, 2009

Hunger has Taken Over!

I'm hungry.

Apparently so is my four year old. (Are four year olds ever NOT hungry?)

Because I am hungry I thought I would introduce you to a few of my favorite foods. (All sure to make my tummy rumble even more, but what ya gonna do.) These aren't just favorite meals, these are cravings. Some of them are holiday cravings, some of them are nostalgic cravings and some are just "I need some dang salt and a little bit of chocolate" cravings.

I'll even be nice and categorize them for you!

Holiday Cravings

Green Bean Casserole - I tend to make it in the winter months as my dish to pass. It's yumilicious!

Meat Balls - Not any old meat balls, no I'm talking half chili sauce half grape jelly. That's right Barbecued Meat Balls!


Nostalgic Cravings

Cheese Fries - But the key is ... they MUST be from Steak and Shake! I have tried them from almost every restaurant on the planet (Because yes I've totally been to every restaurant on the planet...how dare you doubt me!) and nobody has cheese fries like Steak and Shake!


Shaped Kraft Mac and Cheese - This has always been a favorite. I used to ask for it on my birthday when I was little even. Do you remember when the only shapes were spirals and wheels? What happened to the wheels? I loved the wheels!!! When I was pregnant with my daughter, I HAD to have a box of shaped Mac and Cheese every day! And in high school it became best served with a side of ... (just wait for it, you'll love it!)

Hungry Jack Mashed Potatoes - That's right. Mac and Cheese was always best served with a side of mashed potatoes. Can we say Atkins Diet No No!

SOS AKA : Shit on a Shingle - (By the way happy Veterans Day Daddy!) My daddy learned to make this absolutely heart stopping (possibly literally) meal over seas. I was in heaven every time he made this! Still make it for my kids who look at me like I'm crazy.


Give me some D
amn Salt and
A Chocolate Bar Cravings

CheezeIts - By far the best little snack food in the universe ... especially when shaped like scrabble pieces. Never did listen when my mother told me not to play with my food!


(MSG Filled) Sesame Chicken - Be it buffet style, nice sit down restaurant or the ever so delicious PF Changes, I am definitely going to be in for a good dose of deep fried goodness at least ... every other week ...


Cuver's Cement Mixer - Butter Finger and Peanut Butter Cup please!



Nachos Bell Grande
- OMG they even got the picture right. Minus Beans and Onions ... though they are missing the EXTRA cheese sauce ... pitty. (Can also be considered a "Late Night Snack Craving")


which if we are naming midnight snack cravings we might as well include the cheese fries and add an order of ...

Double Cheese Burger Meal - Best served minus onions.


Pardon me while I go plunge my gourds full of food because my drool is forming in the corners of my mouth and I slightly look like I've gone dumb.

11 comments:

Tana said...

Thank God thanksgiving is coming up, I'm starved.

CMOM Productions said...

Now I'm hungry! I must find something sweet & something salty or savory!

CMOM Productions said...

Now I'm hungry! I must find something sweet & something salty or savory!

Jessica Nelson said...

Wow, you ARE hungry. LOL!

Jessica M. said...

I'm starving, but that's probably the stress talking. Do they have Steak N Shake in Indiana, because if they do, we HAVE to go for some cheese fries! I haven't had those in ages. And Mac N Cheese sounds SO good right now....but only spirals LOL

Also, my double cheeseburger meal can only come from McDonalds, must be ketchup only, and usually is ordered at approximately 1am after a few drinks :) I feel for poor D... every time I have a few he hears "I want a double cheeseburger just ketchup NOW please!!" :)

Hilabeans said...

I can feel myself getting fatter just by reading this. :)

Hello, muffin top!

Thanks - hhs

Foursons said...

I love mac and cheese and every time I make it for my kids I scarf their leftovers like it's going out of style. YUMMY!

Katie Ganshert said...

Are you kidding me!? Now I'm salivating! Love green bean casserole. Love concrete mixers!!!! And don't even get me started on cheez-its and mac-n-cheese. I'm drooling like Homer Simnpson right now!

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

It's comfort food! Yum!!

Okay, I've never heard of Shit on a Shingle, but boy it looks good....

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Jill Kemerer said...

Taco Bell Grande...yummy!! This entire list made me drool! Have a great weekend!