Nov 17, 2009

The Wisdom and Vocabulary I have Gained from Blogging

Blogging has opened me up to entirely new vocabulary. I feel a bit smarter now that I blog, now that I am a blogger in the great blogosphere. I can hold entirely new conversations with my friends and although my husband has no clue what I am talking about, I know it is only because he is not made up of all the little pieces of awesomeness like I am!

Before I began blogging I did not know there was such a thing as a puppy sized elephant or that Snuggies are really called WTF blankets on the black market. I had no idea that Cakes could be a Wreck or that there was actually a blog dedicated to the little Passive Aggressive Notes that people write.

Now when someone tells me they snarfed, I know it has nothing to do with vomiting. And last but not least I have learned to be snarkastic. I never knew there was so much snark in me. Why say wit or sarcasm or snide humor when you can say snarkasm!

Thank you dear Blogging Friends, or should I say Blogiends or maybe Frioggers, because you are the best source of wisdom and vocabulary out there! It is because of you that I feel so smart and KNOW I will one day be a super fantastic writer made up of so many pieces of awesomeness that I might possibly explode!

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh yes, such wonderful words to be learned by blogging. I wanted to tell you I've been reading the Percy Jackson series and I love it (I'm almost done with book 2). Thanks for the recommendation!

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Unknown said...

Oh Natalie I am so glad you are enjoying the series. I adored it. Can't wait till the movie comes out!!!

I'm so glad Anonymous enjoyed connecting with my themes..........

(Did I miss something because I didn't see any themes...)

Tara McClendon said...

I do love snark. :]

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

It's amazing what you can learn online, isn't it? Which is why I keep an eye on my kids where they're surfing the net! :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Leigh Hunziker said...

Nice blog...very witty. Glad to follow. I'm a new Mommy Blogger...visit me at http://www.LeighHunziker.blogspot.com.

Unknown said...

Snark is my middle name Tara!

Elizabeth I am so not looking forward to the days where I have to monitor my kids internet usage...sigh :)

Thanks for visiting Leigh. Your blog is lovely as well!

Foursons said...

I have learned Bawahahahahaha! and use it daily. ;)

Jessica Nelson said...

Hahaa!

Now to learn text....

Jody Hedlund said...

What would our lives be like without blogging words!! :-)