Nov 25, 2009

Words to be Thankful For!

Whilst everyone else writes about their awesome families and wonderful friends, the roofs over their heads and the food on their tables ... I am going to write about what I'm thankful for.

My favorite words!

Because although I am thankful for all of the above, I am also thankful for the wonderful world of reading, writing and arithma ... um well just reading and writing.

So here is a list of words that I am ever so thankful for, and of course WHY!

Totally - this is Totally the best word ever. If there is a sentence that can NOT incorporate the word Totally, it has never been spoken by me! Observe........

Awesome - (and/or Awesomeness) - Everyone is Totally made up of little pieces of awesome, so why not tell the world about it.

Fantabulous - What? That's not a word? Oh well it Totally is now cuz it's freaking Awesome!

Actually - Actually this is my favorite adverb. If you could get a penny for every Actually I cut out of my manuscripts ... um ... well you'd Totally have over a dollar! That's for sure.

Phantasmagoric - Also not a real word, but just saying it aloud Totally gets me all excited!

Seriously! - Exclamation point is necessary with this word, although sometimes a question mark can Totally take it's place. Seriously! I'm not sure if it was Gray's Anatomy's fault, but I've Totally been addicted to this word or at least the last 5 years.

Son of a Monkey - This is more of a saying or group of words, but they flow from my mouth on a frequent basis, so I Totally couldn't leave them out!

Now I know some of you may be Totally confused by my age after becoming aware of my favorite words but I am indeed nearing 30. The problem is that I Totally grew up in the 90's ... and it stuck. Lucky for you my dear friends I am Totally not saying, NOT! or Cowabunga, or Tubular. So I Totally think it's all good.

Oh yeah ...

It's all good! - I Totally say that a ton too!

So I Totally hope you all have an awesome Thanksgiving and don't forget to be thankful for all your Totally favorite words!

5 comments:

Sande said...

I agree. The thesaurus most used descriptive word has to be 'totally'.

It would just take too many words to express the same without it right?

Janna Leadbetter said...

All great words!

And the photo with this post was the inspiration for my new blog header, because when I saw it I realized I had a pile of tiles in a new word board game. I took a photo, played around with a picture program we have and viola! Thanks. And Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Jody Hedlund said...

You are SO Totally funny! Totally! Have a fantabulous Thanksgiving!

Tara McClendon said...

I had a friend get me a onsie for my son that said, "It's all Good." Loved it. Great list of words. Have a totally awesome Thanksgiving.

Tabitha Bird said...

That was seriously the funniest thanksgiving post I have ever read and I am totally grateful you posted it! :P