Apr 2, 2009

Are comments contagious?

When you see a Blog that has been commented on, what do you do? Do you read each comment? Do you feel compelled to comment back? Do you send future comments to your email? Do you comment back to those who commented on your comment? COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!!!

I answered yes to ALL of the above. I'm not sure if that makes me lame, or just like every other Blogger! I love to comment on everyone's Blog. I feel important when I can contribute to the conversation. I enjoy sharing my opinion with the other 10 to 1000 followers who have read and decided to comment back as well. It's a rush! It does not matter whether I am on a Blog, Facebook or Twitter. If you have posted, I will comment! It's contagious, like a yawn or the chicken pox. I cannot just simply stare at your comments and leave them be. They'll be lonely and isolated. They need a friend. They NEED another comment. They need MY comment.

How contagious are comments to you? Please leave your comments...you know what will happen next....

13 comments:

Crystal said...

1st comment! BOOOYAH! OH yeah baby!!!

:P

PS. Bob likes Wine!!! (and chocolate too I think?)

Unknown said...

Way to be!!! But is that really answering the question? And yes....Bob does like wine AND Chocolate! How can you not love Bob!!!

Jessica Nelson said...

I usually comment, just to let the poster know that I read what they wrote. I think it's important to give someone that validation. As to whether I read other comments, depends on my time schedule. I never get the comments in my inbox or I'd be flooded with mail. :-)

Unknown said...

I usually get the comments in my email if it's a blog I'm really into or feel the need to know what was said next. LESSON LEARNED ... NEVER get Nathan Bransford's blog comments forwarded to your email...BAD decision. LOL

Unknown said...

Why BAD decision...I only commment if the spirit moves me...you must feel pretty dang special now!

Jody Hedlund said...

If I can contribute to the post, I try to leave a comment. I really like it when the poster leaves the reader a question. And most of the time I like to give my two cents!

Unknown said...

Brian: Lesson learned after I had 100's of new comments flood my email in box. Oops!

Jody: Me too...if you've got a question on your, I am more than happy to answer! :D

Tana said...

If I have time I'll usually comment. I love to comment. :) I love being in the presence of writers, that's probably why.

Traci said...

Funny, I was just talking to glam about this the other day! I think it's good etiquette to acknowledge people who visit your blog. :-) That's just me!

Thanks for your kind words yesterday! ;-)

Unknown said...

T. Anne : Me as well. It has been wonderful to hear everyone else's experiences and wisdom.

Litgirl..I also agree. I love knowing people have been at my blog and appreciated what I (or my crazy children) have to say for the day.

You guys are awesome!

Cheers to networking and leaving insane amounts of comments!!!

Traci said...

Cheers sista!

T.Anne is always there to leave comments. It really makes your day! I'm striving to be more like her. :-)

Tara Maya said...

I have nothing to add, really. I just had to comment. :)

Unknown said...

I feel that way all the time Tara! LOL