Apr 16, 2009
Otherwise Known As......
I have decided I have, by a landslide, had the most interesting and quirky Nick Names ever! I feel I need to share....in chronological order...my random aliases
1. Marybeth - ahh yes...this indeed is a nick name...derived from Mary Elizabeth. I refused to answer to this name by ANYONE until about high school By then it was too late, but I tried to push it regardless. It was a way to be "different". When I married I highly enforced this name....there is something about being called Jane Doe, um I mean Mary Smith, that I am just NOT ok with....
2. MB - Compliments of my father....it explains itself
3. Lil Bit - Apparently I'm "small"....I just don't get it. Since when is 4'11 3/4 small!!!!!
4. Buck Toothed, Hand me down Down, Farmer Girl, Mary - (Highly blushing out of embarrassment right now!)Aren't siblings WONDERFUL? I'm gonna go ahead and say....NO!
5. Girl - I guess it wasn't obvious. Although it may have started when I started calling him Boy??? Ahhhhh, young love......
6. Big Blue - High School brings about interesting things ... Boys can be so entertaining sometimes. I even owned a shopping bag that said "Big Blue" on it. For some reason I was proud of this name. It's best not to ask questions.
7. Pedro - I was deemed Pedro, she was deemed Juanita ... I was her pimp ... we worked at The (s)Hoe Carnival... I guess stocking shoes get's to be a little boring.
8. Turtle - Do I look like a turtle to you? Yeah I didn't think so either. I brought in a stuffed beany turtle to work one day (Earnest), and suddenly Turtle was my name for a week. Compliments of my MANAGER from Shoe Carnival
9. Little Puppy - Again with the Manager of Shoe Carnival, Big Dog......Turtle just didn't work, he decided to get a bit more creative.
10. Tater Tot - Well if one Manager has a name for me, why can't the other! Did I mention Shoe Carnival was an entertaining job?
11. Honey - The Dear Husband....not nearly as creative as my Manager, but also not nearly as dull as previous boyfriend. At least he didn't need to remind himself what gender I was....props to him for noticing!
12. Mega Death - Get it, Marybeth/Mega Death....once again...Why do Managers feel the need to give me new names?
13. Poppins - The name that inspired this post. Pajama's and Coffee calls me it every time she mentions me and it just cracks me up! I suppose I was asking for it with the name of my Blog and all :)
What is the most obscure Nick Name that you've had?