Apr 27, 2009

Irony at it's Best!

So yesterday...I had the Stomach Flu (well, I still have it today, but feeling much better)

So yesterday...Suddenly there is a crisis and everyone has the Swine Flu


Conclusion...EVERYONE must make mention about me probably having the Swine Flu


Conclusion....I must have the Swine Flu too!!!


So if this is my last Blog, it was great to write for ya'll. Seriously, was it necessary for my illness to leave me wide open to all these jokes? SERIOUSLY!!! Could the news not have waited till next week to announce it's new crisis?


ALSO, what I'd like to know is how they came up with the name "Swine" Flu. Wouldn't "Pig" Flu come off with the same effect? Did they need to seem Politically Correct or something?

8 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

LOL That's funny about the name! I don't know why it's swine flu either. I heard there's also bird dna in it.
Take heart. No one in the US has died from this, so you're probably good. Just be careful. :-)

Jody Hedlund said...

Glad you're feeling better! Yuck! Were you the first in your family to catch it? Or now will you have to suffer through everyone else too?

Unknown said...

Nope I'm the 2nd to last family member to be inflicted. Hopefully my husband has kept enough distance...I've had enough family flue to last at least another 5 years! LOL

Tana said...

Swine citizen's alike agree, it's the only proper title. ;) So glad you survived!

Traci said...

You funny girl! LOL I hope you make it! Seriously, I hope you feel better soon! ;-)

Laura said...

YES! I can comment on your blog now! And don't worry, swine flu is not pc because only Mexicans die from it.

Cathie said...

I pay no attention to the news. My hubby was like oh the Swine Flu is coming closer to IL! I was like WTH is swine flu? Like I said, I don't not follow the news, it is really depressing.

marymac said...

feel better! the good news is: we can't get it from bacon (this is what i immediately wanted to know when i heard "Swine Flu" lol)