Apr 14, 2009

Back on the Wagon Again!

So kids, it looks as though I've fallen off the wagon. (No, I'm not a drunk! Although I understand the concern after all the comments about wine....Mmmmmm Wine......Ok Marybeth...FOCUS) The writing wagon is sitting next to me, bouncing up and down, and begging me to jump back on.

It looks as though not only did I "consider" taking a break from my novel, I actually took quite an extensive hiatus from my precious manuscript. How could I!?!?! So today, it is with great enthusiasm that I announce...."I'm editing again!" My gnome has guarded my story long enough. It is time, I am going to embrace my characters and their stories. I am going to take them to a place they never thought they'd see....not sure what that place is just yet.....but they'll see it damn it!!! :)

I know I've said it before, but this time I mean it. (Oh dear...that doesn't sound convincing does it???) Well, I have no choice. May 1st is lurking, and it is my personal deadline to finish the 2nd draft before that day. So wish me luck friends!

Have you ever fallen off the writing/editing wagon? What did it take to get you back up on that ol horse?

4 comments:

Jody Hedlund said...

Pure determination. Writing garbage for a while until I get my momentum going again. It usually takes a couple of days to get back into it! Then I tell myself not to fall off the wagon again because it's so difficult to get back on. But invariably, life happens! And I fall back off!

Jessica Nelson said...

Not really fallen off, but I do take a hiatus once in awhile!

Nanny Deprived said...

It's good to take a break! Love your blog!

Human Dimensions said...

Intense Personal Experience - ...that usually does it.
Last blog out - My perspective on Blogging: Yours is Top Notch !! http://humandimensions.blogspot.com/