Apr 9, 2009

Why I Read YOUR Blog...

I'm finally back to Blogging today. Unfortunately, real life kicked me in the ass this week. So I realized this morning, when I finally got a chance to catch up on all my favorite Blogs, how much I missed slipping away from reality for a bit each day. I never much occurred to me before, that I do indeed read blogs for an escape, a break, and a moment of solace. There are other perks of course.

Some Blogs, such as Rachelle Gardner and Nathan Bransford's, are insanely informational and helpful in regards to the career path I am pursuing. They provide insight about the world of writing and wonderful tools to help when searching for agents and/or publishers. They're Blogs have become a must read every day.

When it comes to writing I have also found it helpful and comforting to find a network of Bloggers whom are going through all the same experiences as I am. With their words and experiences, I find confidence and motivation. I am eteranally grateful to have found the Blogs of T. Anne, Jessica, Hillary, and Kate, amongst MANY others! You guys keep me moving along on my current WIP!

And then there is the ever tedious job of being a mother! I have no idea HOW our mothers did it. They had no Blogs, no Twitter, no Facebook, no Mommy Boards. OMG, I don't even think they had the happy pills so many of us rely on! Wine...that's all I can think of...wine....wine and Jesus. :D But when my children have left me exasperated, I rely on my favorite mommy Blogs. My favorite is hands down from a friend of my sisters. As a fellow woman in the writing industry, her eloquant words capture my attention with every Blog. The Momplex is also a must read for me! But if she hasn't updated, I keep my eyes on other Blogs. The Mommy Rambles, Mission Motherhood, and Happy Meals and Happy Hours are amongst some of the best! You girls are the key to my sanity some days!

I also have a few key Blogs I follow for mere entertainment and laughs. The best being Twitarded! Nothing better than a couple Edward Obsessed Fans! I also love Pajamas and Coffee. How can I resist reading about stories that involve a gay gargoyle! Thanks for the laughs. You girls ROCK!!!

So here's to you fellow Blog friends. I know I missed a few, but I love ya all the same. Keep Blogging, if only for my sanity. Because when real life kicks me in the ass, it's you I look for to put a bandaid on it! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

15 comments:

Jenny Penny said...

Welcome back! And thanks for the shout-out. I love the line about wine and Jesus. Maybe you should copyright it, maybe for a bumper sticker: I BRAKE FOR WINE AND JESUS. Maybe not in that order. ;)

Jessica Nelson said...

I love reading blogs too! They're such a support for the same reasons you've listed above.
Glad you were able to catch up. :-)

marymac said...

OMG am LOLing with Jenny Penny about Wine and Jesus! (my Mom added cigarettes to create the perfect 70s mom trifecta!) Thanks for the shout out to Pajamas and Coffee! Always glad my gaygoyle can entertain :)

Jenny Jerkface said...

Thanks so much for the shout out! It makes Snarkier and I SO happy when people laugh with (or at, we're not picky) us. ;)

Keep on blogging!

Mommy, That's My Name, Don't Wear It Out said...

Awwwww...tears in my eyes!! Are you the sweetest or WHAT?!!! Thank you, thank you for the wonderful shout out. I totally hear you on why you read blogs- that is exactly why I read yours!! I like to think of it as an escape with purpose, the purpose is to make me feel normal and connected with others in the same boat as me. The blogs I love and read inspire me, challenge me and make me smile!!
Thanks again...
:)

Tana said...

Wow! I'm sitting here in Starbucks (spring break with the kids in the mountains) and I'm touched! Thanks for the shout out and guess what? I have fun reading your blog too! XOXO

Unknown said...

How could I not give shout outs to you girls! You all rock! Keep it up, I need my sanity ;)

hannahsmom06 said...

You now have me completely addicted to Twitarded, that is hilarious!!!!!

Mojo said...

Hello Marybeth! Great blog, I am enjoying your writing and adventures. You might also want to check out this blog

http://laurareviews.blogspot.com/

Here is the description:
"From new fiction and inspirational memoirs to gripping articles and passionate poetry, Laura simply reviews the written word. It's a forum for readers, writers, farmers, astronauts - anyone who wants to learn, push some boundaries and keep it real. With no particular rules, consider it a library of cultural conversation. You're always invited to share your opinions. It's your library too."

Love, Mj
www.oneyearinthemaking.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks Mj! Both blogs look wonderful!

Alexia said...

LOL I blog for MY sanity!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://gallery.veafoorea.ru/mail-order-brides-from-asia.html]mail order brides from asia[/url] [url=http://gallery.veafoorea.ru/mail-order-brides-visa-issues-scams.html]mail order brides visa issues scams[/url] [url=http://gallery.veafoorea.ru/index96.html]russian post order wives[/url] [url=http://gallery.veafoorea.ru/index70.html]scam russian women[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://hotl.reira.ru/index78.html]mail order russian brides[/url] [url=http://hotl.reira.ru/japanese-mail-order-brides-for-free.html]japanese mail order brides for free[/url]

Anonymous said...

mm... luv this style ))

Anonymous said...

Клипарт - Животные Иллюстрации - Иллюстрации к сказкам