Apr 10, 2009

It's a Late Start, but...

Just a quick blog today. I know I know, I just got back to it! BUT.........It's Good Friday I've decided I need to do something worth while today. And since we've all witnessed my blogging/twitter/facebook/(insert social media site here) obsessions...Oh wait, you didn't know about the last few. Well um, see I um....OH DEAR!!!!

Continuing on....
Since I have a sad obsession/addiction to the internet in general I have decided to give it up for the day as a way of fasting. I know it's late and the day has started, BUT it's never to late to in my books to start fasting. So you meant to not eat today and you already slopped down an entire 5 course breakfast. Well don't eat lunch and dinner. Know what I mean? So friends, your blogs will have to wait till tomorrow. My Tweets will have to spend a day without me. And my facebook friends will spend the day in complete awe of my absence. I CAN DO THIS!

So are you fasting today? If so, what have are you fasting from? Remember, it doesn't just have to be food! It can be the internet, your writing, tv, Edward(?), video games. If I can do this, anyone can fast!!! Seeya tomorrow kids :)

8 comments:

JM81 said...

I think I've done amazingly well with no meat on Fridays this year, considering apparently almost NO ONE does this anymore. My work friends literally said "People still DO that?" So, no meat on Fridays, and no snacks on the other fasting days. I'm proud, considering how much I LOVE food. And, except for a handful of days, I've followed my "no internet after 8pm rule" throughout Lent, which was my way of "fasting" all the way through. I have also given something else up for Lent, but that is a secret...you can ask me later. LOL

Jessica Nelson said...

Good for you! Enjoy the fast. :-)

raquel roysdon said...

No fasting. Just another day. But I'm all for it. If its your thing.

Jody Hedlund said...

What a great idea! As a historical writer, I know fasting on Good Friday used to be a commonplace custom. I'm sure we could all benefit from a little more fasting, self-denial! I wish I would have read your post earlier in the day or even yesterday to plan better! Maybe I will try to think of something I can fast from the rest of the day. But I will definitely try to remember to do it next year! Thank you!

Hilabeans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilabeans said...

Let's try this again...without the typos.

OK - good idea. Since today is shot, I'll fast tomorrow. :)

Mommy, That's My Name, Don't Wear It Out said...

Fasting is hard. Me and fasting would so not get along. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Unknown said...

It was hard but I got through it. I was pretty sick and went to bed at like 7pm, so that did help. Thanks for all the support girls!!!